Traveling Nine to Fiver is now accepting submissions for guest posts. We are currently accepting guest posts focusing on destinations not currently featured on the blog ranging from top activities in a city, weekend getaway itineraries, best places to eat, where to stay, and similar topics.
At this time we only accept original work and currently do not pay for guest posts. While someday I’d love that to change at this point it’s an opportunity for you to showcase your writing and increase your exposure.
Why you should guest post on Traveling Nine to Fiver
- Exposure on an established travel website.
- All stories will remain the property of the writer who is granting a non-exclusive license for the story to appear on TravelingNinetoFiver.com
- Posts will be promoted on a number of our social media outlets.
- The story will appear under the author byline and will end with the author’s biography which can and should have links to the author’s website or social accounts.
Interested? Here’s what to do!
- Read about Traveling Nine to Fiver and our mission here. Peruse the site to get an idea of appropriate stories for our audience.
- Email email@example.com with your story idea to get an idea if your story is the right fit.
- After confirmation on the story idea. Send your article draft of 800+ words along with a minimum of 3 photos at 600 pixels wide. And one at 1200 x 400 pixels.
- Please name your jpg such as location-keywords-description before sending.
- In the article draft please include all relevant links to businesses mentioned within the article or at the end. Feel free to link to one or two relevant articles on your own site as well.
- Don’t forget to include keywords that the reader would use to search for the subject of the article. They should be in your title and appear about once every 80 to 100 words, falling naturally into your writing.
- If it’s your first time writing for Traveling Nine to Fiver also send a bio under 100 words and a photo of yourself.
A little more information
We are looking for travel writing guest posts that focus on travel for full-time professionals. Please offer original ideas that would be interesting to locals and visitors. The most successful posts focus on top activities in a city, best places to stay in a city, a week or weekend itinerary, or best places to eat in a city.
Questions about grammar and such for your guest post? Read The Elements of Style, Fourth Edition by William Strunk and E. B. White